Specializing in Branding, Website Design and Strategy since 2005.
About mariavida creative
Running a business should be fun.
We take the stress out of building your brand so you can focus on your growth and goals.
Our approach has consistently prioritized strategic graphic and web design to craft a lived-in brand, but how do we define this?
Building a ‘lived-in brand’ involves crafting a brand capable of establishing a genuine connection with your audience – understanding their values, preferences, and needs. This kind of brand experience strives to be relevant and present in various aspects of the customer’s life, building a continuous and meaningful relationship. The goal is to establish a brand that customers not only use but also emotionally connect with on a day-to-day basis.
As the digital space becomes more saturated by AI and generic design, infusing soul, personality, and purpose into your brand, website, and messaging is more crucial than ever. That’s what we’re here for.
Our Core Values
Community & Connection
Get to Know Maria
- Originally from Maryland, I moved to San Diego after receiving my Masters in Digital Arts. I worked for several action sports companies as their in-house graphic and web designer where I learned the value of brand development.
- I taught high school for 4 years as a Multimedia and Graphic Arts instructor. I especially loved connecting with my students and helping fuel their passion for art, design and technology.
- I was diagnosed with ADHD in my late 30s. I have found that being neurodivergent is a superpower that allows me to run my business in a way that feels authentic to me.
- I studied graphic design before receiving my Bachelor’s Degree in Film Photography. I minored in interactive media which is how I got into web design and development.
- I coached speed and endurance running, CrossFit and postpartum fitness for 6 years. Fitness has always been a passion of mine.
- I love lifting heavy. I follow the Paragon Training Methods online strength and physique program in my home gym.
- I feel a deep connection to the ocean and I love to surf. I miss living near an ocean and will take any opportunity I can to surf when I’m near a body of water.
- My Mom is from the Philippines. As an adult I’ve felt deeply drawn to the learning more about the culture and customs of my Mother’s home country. The font used in MariaVida logo type is Quaipo, designed by Filipino type designer Aaron Amar @aaronxamar. From the designer: The brush typeface dedicated to the Filipino Sign makers, Jeepney drivers, and the daily commuters in the streets of Metro Manila and anywhere in the Philippines.
- I’m a Mom to 2 daughters, Sage and Hendrix, named after my favorite surfer and one of my favorite musicians, respectively.
- When I’m not working, you can find me traveling with friends or family, hiking in local Maryland parks, paddle-boarding, listening to 90s hip-hop and alt-rock.
England. Switzerland. Costa Rica. Nicaragua. Brazil. Iceland. Ireland. Indonesia. Mexico.
A Gift from the Sea by Anne Lindbergh
Essentialism by Greg Mckeown
Lumpia. Crab cakes. anything thai.
hands down the 90s. (take me back!)
MariaVida Creative is a full-service design agency serving clients since 2005. We specialize in crafting visually stunning websites and graphics that not only capture attention but also elevate your brand.